Monday, January 28, 2013

In Progress: Love My Pirate Quilt

After being inspired by the the Scrappy Trip quilt, I wanted to make another quilt using some of my scraps.  Particularly, my pirate fabric scraps which have been calling.  I searched the web for some ideas and stumbled across Sharon Schraber's network on Y-tube.  Wow! What an amazing quilter and teacher.  Yes, I am new to the quilting world.  My Love My Pirate quilt design  has been inspired by her Stash N Dash quilt tutorial.  I even used the glue in my seams and it does work.  Now, I just have to find a glue tip to make it less messy.  Here is the finished quilt top ready to be quilted.



FYI:  Happening at the Studio

Our Embroidery with Coloration class hosted by Ronna was a hit.  Everyone learned a new technique using crayons in their embroidery work.  It does make your work more dynamic and colorful.




No comments:

Post a Comment